I don't have much time, but adventures in biking deserve a nod here. I have had 4 flat tires since Christmas due to broken glass on the road. I have also gone through 3 bike locks in the last year. One got messed up in the rain, one was cut off by campus security when they impounded my bike and one...well...I am not sure what happened to it, but now the key won't work in some complicated way.
I could take this as a sign that I am not supposed to be biking to class...or even more depressing as a sign that I am not following my true calling, but I don't think it is either of those things.
Meditation and reflection have made me realize that all that "bad" stuff isn't happening because of some cosmic entity giving me advice about my path. While it is frustrating to have to patch a tire every week, it is still worth it to me to bike. I love the feel of biking. And while having to scrounge for locks is frustrating, I will figure it all out.
I could look at all this madness as something I should concern myself about. Something I should fret about. Something I should include in my worry box.
But I don't want to. I want to walk with serenity. I am where I need to be, doing what I need to be doing and learning all the things I need to learn. A bad day here, a flat tire there, a busted lock...none of those change who I am or how I view myself. I am at peace, I know what is right. I don't have to worry about all those other things. Not today anyway.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment