We don't always get along, we don't always see eye to eye, but we are related and well we are sisters.
Even though our relationship is not incredibly close, my youngest sister has taught me a lot, and I am grateful for all the lessons that she has taught me.
My sister has taught me that "play" is worthwhile regardless of age. Just because I am getting older doesn't mean that I have to give up my membership card to use the playground swings or enjoy water guns and bubbles. Getting older doesn't mean that I lose my ability to have moments of behaving like a kid.
My sister has taught me that sometimes support and wisdom comes from the least expected places. This is not to say that my sister is not wise, but I am the older one, doesn't that mean that I am supposed to be the one providing the wisdom? But she has shown me that birth order has nothing to do with it. Wisdom comes from a place of deep care and listening.
My sister has taught me that real happiness in life comes from following your dream regardless of whether or not it is expected of you. Her courage at stepping outside of the expectation that she, like her sisters, would follow in the "family business" was impressive and a valuable lesson for me.
My sister has taught me that even though it can be painful and have moments of desperation, patience in waiting for what is right, not just what is convenient is worth the wait.
My sister has taught me that giving considerations to the thoughts and opinions of others doesn't mean having to conform to their ideas. You can listen and truly hear, but you don't have to accept it as your own.
I am sure that with time, my sister will teach me far more lessons and I am thankful for that too.
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment