Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Fast Days 26, 27--Finding the roots

I was so sure that I was paying attention, listening deeply and following the path designed for me by God when I chose ISIS.  It was a painful thing to have happen, the separation of our class.  Yet, I have never really questioned my choice to attend ISIS.

This weekend was rough.  I guess I had assumed that being back in class with my instructors and my classmates would be like the retreat all over again.  An energetic high.

It wasn't, and I found that I was very disappointed by that.  It was bothersome to walk into the room and find that it all felt murky.  I no longer felt like I had come home.  I no longer felt like I had found a place that was my tribe.

What does that mean?

I want a place for worship.  I miss having a community to share my spirituality with.  But everywhere I go, it feels like I am out of place.  I feel like I just don't fit.

I won't be dishonest about my beliefs.  I won't hide me in order to fit in.  I think that somewhere out there is a group for me.  I just haven't found them yet.  I haven't figured out where I fit.

I think that perhaps my path for the moment is to learn that it is okay not to fit.  I have to be comfortable being me whatever that means.  Whatever that says.

I am learning.  I am finding the roots.

No comments: