Saturday, March 3, 2012

Fast Day 10--Full Scale Panic

My husband will tell you that I spent most of yesterday tracking the storms that were supposed to destroy our city. Schools let out early, people were sent home. And while many communities were severely damaged, ours was not.

People all around me are in panic mode. I was not. What I realized as coworkers, Facebook friends and others were talking about getting everything ready for the apocalyptic storm, was that even though all the conditions were ripe for the perfect storm, I just wasn't worried about it. I would prepare and take precaution, but I was not freaking out that my home might be destroyed or that I might not survive. I was confident that no matter what happened I could handle it.

Many lives were devastated yesterday across the south east as tornadoes ravaged the area. Many people are homeless right now. Some people were injured and a few dead. I am not minimizing the ferocity of the storm.

What concerns me, is the panic.

Right now underlying every conversation is a sense of panic. I can feel it rolling under the surface. All it takes is something small to disturb the peace and the dominoes fall.

Rebellions are cropping up all over the globe. The oppressed are no longer sitting back quietly while people are making decisions for them. How long until the wealthy and the powerful are under attack in the US? In Europe?

Snow storms, tornadoes, unpredictable weather are easy targets to discharge some of that energy in a non destructive way and everyone can laugh about it later.

Several spiritualists have been predicting this ever increasing panic for some time. Global society is headed for a change. Things are going to be rocky. I hope I can be aware of the situation and my own inner calm throughout the whole change.

No comments: