Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Fast Days 20, 21--The 24 hour bug

Over the course of the last couple of days, I had to forgive myself for breaking the fast.  I got home on Monday, went to bed because I was really tired.

I made it through about half my dinner before I felt like complete crap.  Later that night was one of the 3 times I have ever puked in my life (I don't count the morning sickness in that total).

Tuesday when I started to feel better, and wanted to eat again, I felt like I needed to do as my body asked, so around 2 PM, I ate a protein bar and some crackers.  A little later, some ramen.

I don't feel badly about my choice to give up the fast for illness.

I also won't feel too guilty about making some small shifts to the fast because I will be out of town visiting family and attending class over the next few days.

Today I will try to stick with the fast, waiting until my layover in Atlanta to pick up some food.

But I believe that breaking bread with people is a way to develop bonding.

I will be visiting my sister and her kids, and I plan on making the best of it.  That means I will probably make my excuses to skip lunch, but when dinner time comes, I want to eat with the kids, and waiting until 8 is just not fair.  So I will forgive myself for breaking that fast a little early.

In NYC when I am at class, a huge part of the day is lunch with the class mates.  It is a way to bond and get to know each other outside of the class setting.  I wouldn't miss that chance to bond.  I will eat light, but I am going to share a meal with them.  And if I know my friends in NYC, we won't eat dinner until super late anyway.  :)

Fortunately I feel back to 99%, it would suck to travel while sick.

No comments: