Due to schedule changes and stuff I hadn't seen her for a week. Last night I saw her and she asked me where I was, and I laughed and told her that I had a conflict on Monday. I asked her about her week and she told me several things.
- She told me that both she and her husband were so impressed and so thankful for my prayer. That it still amazed them that someone who had known them for mere weeks had seen through the pain that friends who had known them for years hadn't even bothered to notice.
- She told me that since the night we prayed she had found a reason to laugh every day.
- She told me that she had been going to church for months and walked out angry and depressed every Sunday, but not this past one. She said she had felt at peace.
- She told me all of this with a smile.
- We did a hard work out with lots of punches and kicks, and where she had been to the point of crying every single class she had attended up to that point, she didn't stop or seem to cry once. She was involved and cracking jokes and finding peace.
A part of me wants to pat myself on the back for a job well done. But it wasn't me who helped her. I let go and let God, and God used me give her the message she needed to hear, opened the space and set the time when she was ready and willing to hear it.
Every once in a while I walk through my classes and the homework and I wonder if I am doing the right thing. Am I making the right choice? Am I really called into ministry? Am I doing this just so I can feel a sense of calling from the Divine? Am I doing this for my ego? Okay that isn't every once in a while, it is a pretty common thing. But then something like this happens where everything clicks into place and I know that I might not know all the steps on my path, but I will follow it and trust that I can look back and see why I had to walk my path.
No comments:
Post a Comment