I have made resolutions in the sense that I decided to start every day with gratitude, and follow my inner conscience more (especially when it comes to eating), but I didn't set specific resolutions.
I could write resolutions like:
Keep in touch with friends better
Watch my spending habits to save more money
Use the library more and amazon/Barnes and Nobel less
Eat Better
Workout Daily
Leave behind my expectations of my husband and release my anger
I can make the list go on and on. The problem is that as soon as I break the resolution, I feel like I failed and I give up. The resolutions are things I tell myself on day one of the new year and then slowly forget as time and life get in the way.
Saying a prayer of thanks every morning, will be challenging for the first month or so, but once it becomes part of the routine, a habit, it will stick without any thought. Following my inner voice, my conscience is also something that will become routine as I develop my awareness of myself. Rather than just reacting, I take a moment, become aware of everything I am feeling and then respond.
As I become more aware of myself and my motivations, things like buying stuff just to have stuff, keeping in touch with friends, using the library, caring for my body, etc, will all come along because they are part of being aware of myself and my actions.
So yeah, I haven't set out to make specific goals that I have to reach. Not this year anyway. But I am going to spend the year cultivating my own awareness of myself.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment