Monday, August 27, 2012

Reading the Bible: Genesis 1&2

Someone argued that I clearly had not read the Bible. I have several times, in fact, but it has been awhile. So I decided that with my change in life station and my new found time to walk the dogs in the morning,I would listen to a reading of the New King James version of the Bible. When I am finished with the Bible, I will move on to the Koran and probably from there to the Vedas, the Sutras and other spiritual texts.

I am going to write my thoughts here, as I go through the listening. I am not looking for arguments, though I am willing to have respectful discussions about the stuff I say. Any questions I have are not meant to be something that condescends, they are legitimate questions.

While it is true that there are arguments to be made that Genesis one and Genesis two have a bit of contradictory information (primarily the order of creation of the birds), I am not interested in that. What I found most interesting today was that Genesis 1, really did basically describe the scientific ordering planetary creation. I am not a cosmologist and have only a basic understanding of it, but if I recall correctly, the basic idea for life on a planet must be water and from the bacteria water it is possible to create atmosphere. After the atmosphere is created it is possible to get plant life. From there evolution science thinks that water animals and birds came before land animals, which came before what we commonly think of as man.

It is true that evolution science removes the active creative power of God, but it doesn't have to remove God completely. I am not trying to debate the truth of evolution or make statements about the nature of our creation, but I find it very interesting that Biblical order of creation as outlined in Genesis 1, actually seems to follow the current scientific theory for the development of life on Earth.




- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments: