This morning as I was doing my spiritual practice, it became clear that my energy for the day was dancing. To become a whirlling dervish like the Sufi mystics. I wish I had that kind of confidence and that kind of courage. To just be willing to dance to allow myself the feeling from the spirit of the Lord.
At my retreat, one of my classmates asked me if I was a dancer. I laughed at her and said, no. I can fall over standing still. I don't have the grace or the talent to be a dancer. At which point another of my classmates chimed in and said, "You could have fooled me. You walk into a room and you make it graceful and easy. It's like you are swimming through the air." Seriously? Me? Graceful?
I wrote it off as several years of martial arts training. And then I went falling over myself. Tripping over my own feet.
Shortly thereafter one of my colleagues/classmates told me that I was a writer. And when I looked at him a little askance, he said, "Don't look at me like that, you are. Now write. You have a story to tell." I am still not sure I am all for that, but it is true. I do have a lot to say, and we all know I love the sound of my own typing. :)
In talking to classmates, it became clear that I am an engineer. I can't hide the logic and the skill I have as an engineer. It is part of who I am.
I am balanced. On the edge of logic and creativity, I rest.
It is time for me to allow my creative side to flow and be reconstructed by the logic I possess. Today, I will dance. And perhaps I will live up to the visions that my classmates saw in me.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment