Let me again be clear in what I am thinking as I read this book. I believe in God, no question I ask decreases my faith in God, I question the imperfect human understanding of God.
What I mean here is that up to this point in the Bible, there is no mention of God's omniscience, yet I have been taught all my life that God is omniscient...so, I am kind of wondering how it is that at the time that God created man, God was not aware that the corruption of man would occur.
I suppose the bigger question is, if God did not want man to be corrupted, why did the tree of the knowledge of good and evil even get planted?
Either God isn't omniscient or it isn't a mistake.
Much like the story of Cain and Able, there is a good deal of information that we are required to infer to justify the story. What exactly were humans doing that made God feel like they were corrupt beyond redemption?
I could of course get into the problems of science that come with this story. For example, a flood of that magnitude would not only have killed all the animals, there is no way a plant would have survived. We return again to the idea that God wants offerings of flesh to be shown honor.
But alas, I have to get to class.
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment